Thursday, November 24, 2011

Jesus Calling- Nov. 24 daily devotional

If you've never heard of the book/devotional Jesus Calling I highly recommend it. It's a daily devotional written from Gods point of view. This was the devotional for today and I thought it fit perfectly. A few hours after I posted our news yesterday we lost the baby. The devotional for today was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm not letting this get me down or depress me. I'm choosing Joy and will continue to thank Him for He is good and only wants the best for me. I trust Him, so I am at peace. 


I hope this blesses you all as well:


"Thankfulness takes the sting out of adversity. That is why I have instructed you to give thanks for everything. There is an element of mystery in this transaction: You give Me thanks (regardless of your feelings), and I give you Joy (regardless of your circumstances). This is a spiritual act of obedience -at times, blind obedience. To people who don't know Me intimately, it can seem irrational and even impossible to thank Me for heartrending hardships. Nonetheless, those who obey Me in this way are invariably blessed, even though difficulties may remain. Thankfulness opens your heart to My Presence and your mind to My thoughts. You may still be in the same place, with the same set of cirumstances, but it is as if a light has been switched on, enabling you to see from My perspective. It is this Light of My Presence that removes the sting from adversity."


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment